[meteorite-list] New Met Bulletin Approvals - Question about the "Tilde" ~

From: Jeff Grossman <jngrossman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2011 11:41:41 -0500

Actually, there are hundreds of these from the last 5 years. They are
all equilibrated ordinary chondrites classified by magnetic
susceptibility. Because no thin section was prepared, the petrologic
type is fairly uncertain. Actually, if there is a lot of weathering,
even the chemical group can be more uncertain than usual.

Jeff