[meteorite-list] Lutetia

From: al mitt <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 22:05:10 -0500

Hi Larry and all,

Without knowing what research has been done studying Lutetia, if memory
serves me right, don't they take into account the regolith on the surface of
an asteroid and adjust the spectra so it more closely matches "clean"
meteorite specimens that we have? Thought this may have not been done yet
and why the discrepancy on the reflective composition on the asteroid is
low.

I figure that Larry would have a better bead on the subject than I but
wanted to add another log on the fire. Best!

--AL Mitterling