[meteorite-list] 2012 Tucson Meteorite Auction

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 16:45:01 -0800

Dear fellow collectors of extra terrestrial material,

        The 2012 Tucson Meteorite Auction will be held Saturday,
February 4th at the usual VFW Hall setting with the delightful
Auction Nymphs and a Gold Basin cake by the Queen of Gold
Basin, Twink Monrad, sprinkled with actual Gold Basin specimens
(wrapped in tin foil to avoid breaking a tooth - the cake, that is,
not Twink)...starting at the usual time (Bidding starts at 7:30 Sharp),
but viewing & socializing time begins about 6PM. Sellers should
Bring in all entries to the hall between 5PM. and 6PM as usual.

        A Buyer's Premium will be charged. My COSTS HAVE
INCREASED 10 FOLD since I started the auction in 2000
- at that time the premium was only 5% & eventually climbed
To 7.5%. While, it is common for auctions to charge between
20% to 35% buyers premium these days, I want to keep this
Auction as affordable as possible and the buyer's premium
Is being held to 9%.

        As always, drink will be available at the bar and I am
Told we will have food available this year (burgers, sandwiches,
Dogs, etc. - bar type food)

I will announce when the on line Auction Catalog for 2012 is up -
Hopefully very soon.

----

        IF YOU WANT TO SUBMIT ITEMS FOR SALE:
Contact me directly at mlblood at cox.net or, if you want
To discuss on phone call me at   (619) 286-4837. 1PM to
7PM and Midnight to about 4AM Pacific Time are the best
times to reach me, but if you leave a message ANY time, I
Will call you back.
Entries require the following:
1) A GOOD photo of the specimen
3) Item(s) must be delivered to the auction between 5 and
    6 PM the date of the auction (of course, some may be a little
    Later - but to their disadvantage, as people will be there to
    Examine items by 6 PM)
Minimums should be discussed with me by phone.
NOT all entries will necessarily be excepted - at the discretion
Of the auctioneer (that would be me).
Entries will be charged a commission at the following rates:
    Photos and descriptions in by Nov. 30 = 10%
    By Dec. 15 = 12%
    By Jan.   1 = 14%
    By Jan. 15 = 17.5%
    After Jan. 15 up to between 5 & 6 PM day of auction = 20%
        6PM to 7PM day of auction = 25%
    7PM to 7:15 PM = 35% (Negotiable if high value with no minimum)
    7:15 to 7:30 = 50% (Negotiable if high value with no minimum)
        Negotiated fees MAY occure on last minute items depending
On value and whether or not the seller wants a minimum bid.
Minimum Bids will require a fee if the item does not bring the
    required starting bid. Fee will be negotiated.
        Thanks, Michael

--
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more
than standing in a garage makes you a car.