[meteorite-list] Like I Need Another Hobby

From: Anita Westlake <anitawestlake_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 11:16:53 -0800 (PST)

Dear List:

   Along with my passion for meteorites, I have recently become addicted to
collecting sand. If any of you live near a crater, strewn field, etc. and have a
few minutes, would you kindly collect about 2-3 teaspoons and send them to me? I
would be happy to reimburse your postage and/or compensate for your time.

   Just put the sand in a sealed baggie with a label saying where you found it
(Beach, Crater, Desert, etc.) as well as the nearest town, city or post office,
and mail it to me. I'm not searching for micro-meteorites, just indulging in my
love for collecting strange things. (You should have met my ex-husband!) My
heart fills with joy just thinking about getting sand from around the world. It
really doesn't even have to be meteorite-related.

    You guys are awesome. Let me know how I can return the favor! I could send
you genuine red dirt from Georgia. ; )

Anita Westlake
1253 Spencer Ave.
East Point, GA 30344