[meteorite-list] Statistically Speaking

From: Zelimir.Gabelica at uha.fr <Zelimir.Gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 09:55:01 +0100

Hi Ruben, all,

The Catalogue of Meteorites (M.M. Grady, A.L. Graham), NHM London, Ed
2000, p 313, reports that the MACAU meteorite shower (Brazil, 1836)
"killed several cattle" (several oxen killed, houses damaged...).
They give some references (I did not go through).

See:
http://books.google.fr/books?id=mkdHJR35Q_8C&pg=PA313&lpg=PA313&dq=macau+meteorite+killed+cattle&source=bl&ots=y-GErvRFOw&sig=AP-p2ENs_aJ_TBuG4bIDtF8Z9HM&hl=fr&ei=TV3LTpfkFMeo8AO3_ezPDw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CC8Q6AEwAjgK#v=onepage&q=macau%20meteorite%20killed%20cattle&f=false

See also (for the same):

- L. LaPaz, in: "Popular Astronomy", vol. 59 (1951), p 433
- Spratt, in "Mercury", 1992, March-April issue, p 50

I don't have access to these references.

Bernd ?

Best wishes,

Zelimir

Ruben Garcia <mrmeteorite at gmail.com> a ??crit??: