[meteorite-list] Re : Book "Les Meteorites de France" - your advice ?

From: Pelé Pierre-Marie <pierremariepele_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 17:06:25 +0000 (GMT)

PDF should be fine if it can be read by ipad, kindle and also all computers.

What is hard to do now is to sell it and limiting the risks of copies.?? Also,? copy/paste from the PDF file should be disabled but not printing.

Pierre

De?: tracy latimer <daistiho at hotmail.com>
??: pierremariepele at yahoo.fr; meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com
Envoy? le : Mercredi 23 Novembre 2011 18h00
Objet?: RE: [meteorite-list] Book "Les Meteorites de France" - your advice ?

You should be able to convert it over to an e-book for other platforms as easily as for iPad.? Most e-readers can handle a PDF file, so you could either deliver it as a CD-ROM or a download.? Check into what formats are required for some of the more common readers, like Kindle or Nook; we'll lose something in not being able to see the color pictures (and in my case, will have to run it through Babelfish or another translator, because my French is nonexistent!) but there should be some interest in the meteorite community.

Best!
Tracy Latimer