[meteorite-list] Some interesting meteorite falls of the last two centuries

From: MexicoDoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 13:19:21 -0500 (EST)

"not all meteorites in general need an export permit, but only those,
so it's given in the 1975/1990-Act - those "related to New Zealand".
(i.e. New Zealand falls and finds)."

Hi Martin,

Of course it would only strictly apply to the country's own meteorites!
  Not necessary to clarify, given for example all the meteorites bought
and sold on eBay from Canada, Australia, etc.!

But what's this about New Zealand laws, wasn't NZ just an Australian
sheep farm? Oops, I just pissed off three people and twenty million
sheeps.

Kindest wsihes
Doug

It's a joke - I know New Zealand is a country somewhere in the middle
of some isolated ocean far far away ;-) And for that reason must be
one heaven on earth since it is mostly unspoilt, becasue people like us
haven't been able to get there yet.