[meteorite-list] Meteorites-Claims to come from asteroid Vesta?

From: Don Merchant <dmerchan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 17:47:02 -0500

Hi List. With the Dawn spacecraft having orbited the asteroid Vesta since
July 2011, has any testing such as spectroscopy or any other testing onboard
the spacecraft help identify and or solidify the claim of some meteorites as
being from the asteroid Vesta? I figure this would be our best chance ever
to know, other then an actual landing and taking a soil sample then
returning that soil sample for anabasis. Still wondering if some meteorites
in my collection truly are from the asteroid Vesta. Any takers on this and
the historical visit by the spacecraft Dawn?
Sincerely
Don Merchant
Founder-Cosmic Treasures Celestial Wonders
www.ctreasurescwonders.com
IMCA #0960