[meteorite-list] Draconid meteor shower - any reports yet?

From: Bernd V. Pauli <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2011 09:08:57 +0000

Bob inquired:

"I was wondering if any list members from Europe or N. Africa were
successful in seeing the Draconid meteor shower (storm) this evening?"

Hi All,

I saw one that even flared at 22:25 CEDST. It was bright (bluish-white)
with a short and stubby luminous trail.

At 22:45 CEDST, there was another, not as bright as no. 1 but a longer
trail. Same color and no flares.

Then, unfortunately, we were once again clouded out where I live in the
Mannheim / Heidelberg area here in Germany :-(

There was a report last night that numerous Draconids (Giacobinids)
were observed near Cologne. I think the report stated there were about
15 Draconids within 20 minutes.

Best Sunday wishes,

Bernd