[meteorite-list] Michael Blood's Post to IMCA members on the Met List

From: Darryl Pitt <darryl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 22:48:22 -0400

Greetings....

As it regards Michael Blood's outburst this past Friday, while I have much to say, I've decided to respond only briefly:

1. it might be noted that Blood's missive---directed to IMCA members via the Meteorite List---occurred because Blood cannot post to the IMCA list as he is no longer a member of the IMCA. Just hours before I solicited the IMCA for relief to Blood's misrepresentations in our transaction, he escaped the IMCA's jurisdiction by quitting the organization.

2. The substance and most details in Blood's presentation are false, and are seemingly part of his robust effort to save face. Such distortions and fictions will be addressed in another forum (whose jurisdiction he will not be able to so readily evade).

3. You did not overlook a piece of correspondence from me. While Blood wrote, "If you're an IMCA member, you were recently sent a post from Darryl Pitt....", I only wrote the IMCA list just once concerning this matter on August 22nd---nearly two months ago. The last time I there has been any contact between myself and Blood was on August 21st. What would prompt his correspondence at this time is anyone's guess.

Sincerely / Darryl