[meteorite-list] Ft. Collins, CO meteor 19OCT2011

From: Chris Peterson <clp_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 09:35:40 -0600

Note that the data I posted from Denver was almost certainly the same as
the SD/NE event, 2011-10-19 02:25:00 MDT (03:25 CDT), AMS 1180. I didn't
receive any witness reports for this, presumably because it was so low,
and the hour was so late.

http://www.cloudbait.com/meteor/data.php?recnum=43810

AMS 1183 was widely seen in Colorado at 2011-10-19 22:17:13 MDT (the
California report is mistakenly tied to this- it could not have been
seen from there). It was captured on two cameras and its path shows it
to be an Earth grazing Orionid.

http://www.cloudbait.com/meteor/data.php?recnum=43837
http://www.cloudbait.com/meteor/data.php?recnum=43883

Things get confusing this time of year, with so many active showers and
high sporadic activity producing significant fireballs nearly every day.
It is very important for those logging these events on websites to
ALWAYS use the date and time, not just the date, when referencing events.

Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com