[meteorite-list] Meteorite History

From: Ruben Garcia <mrmeteorite_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 12:09:18 -0700

Hi Bernd, Twink and Michael,

You read my mind!

It was great seeing a few list members yesterday! Anne Black, Mike
Farmer and wife, Rob Ward, Jim and Wendy Wooddell, were all in
attendance to hear some great speakers. Even some of our UofA friends
were there - David Kring, Dolores Hill, Devin Schrader, etc?.

I met some great scientists there too, that I knew of but had never
met. Everett from NASA, Carl Agee, James from NAU.

Of course Laurence Garvie, Carleton Moore and all the CMS personnel
made everyone feel most comfortable.

Carleton Moore was honored first thing in the morning as they
dedicated the entire event to him. Here is an interesting fact.
Carleton Moore cared for the Nininger collection longer than anyone,
even the great H.H. himself! He had it from 1961 ? 2003.

Carleton?s contribution in the field is huge ? that point can?t be
overstated. I was so impressed that I asked him to sign my program to
keep as part of my collection.

During lunch the meteorite crowd found an outdoor restaurant and ate
together while talking meteorites the whole time.

I didn't see all the speakers as I had to leave before it's conclusion
- it continued till around 9 PM. It was a fun day.

Thanks again to the ASU Center for Meteorite Studies