[meteorite-list] Reports of Night Red Clouds from Ontario to Texas 24OCT2011

From: MexicoDoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 22:32:20 -0400 (EDT)

That's what happens when you get severe drought, dust goes in the
atmosphere and the normal blue tinge gets skewed back to red since the
longer waves are now reflected back to our eyeballs instead of escaping
into space, leaving only shorter waves to reflect back (blue).

Kindest wishes
Doug

You can imagine what the skies looked like during the US plains
dustbowl period that Nininger was looking for meteorites