[meteorite-list] Meteorite Sale - Rare Types -CambridgeEncyclopedia & More - AD

From: John.L.Cabassi <John_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 12:49:28 -0700

Hmmmm
Old post, same question
http://www.mail-archive.com/meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com/msg97258
.html

Cheers John Cabassi

-----Original Message-----
From: meteorite-list-bounces at meteoritecentral.com
[mailto:meteorite-list-bounces at meteoritecentral.com] On Behalf Of Mark's
Meteorites
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2011 5:56 AM
To: cdtucson at cox.net
Cc: Sterling K. Webb; meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com; MexicoDoug
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Meteorite Sale - Rare Types
-CambridgeEncyclopedia & More - AD

I'll ignore the debat about the origins of man, but this one:

>What came first. The chicken or the egg?

Has a very clear and obvious answer. The egg came first. It just wasn't
a chicken's egg - dinosaurs and other egg-laying reptiles were around
long before hens :)

Mark Crawford

On 27 Oct 2011, at 00:55, <cdtucson at cox.net> wrote:

> Sterling,
> Okay.
> I have some real questions for you.
> What came first. The chicken or the egg?
> Seriously!
> Also, Even if your statements are true.
> Isn't there a missing link between not alive and alive?
> And couldn't man have arrived here as a man and not an ape?
> Why did it take man soooo long to develop if it derived from the soup
already here?
> Thanks,
> Carl
>

> ---- "Sterling K. Webb" <sterling_k_webb at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>> One. There is NO "missing link between Ape and
>> Man" since human ancestry is a "brush or shrub,"
>> not a "tree."
>>
>> Two: Lucy is either ONE of many links "between
>> Ape and Man" or One Cousin to one "link between
>> Ape and Man," of which there are probably dozens
>> of so-called "species."
>>
>> If this is confusing, just tell me WHICH of your great-
>> great-great-great-great-great-great-grandparents
>> (numbering 1024) you are descended from? Or is
>> it from ALL of them?
>>
>> For example, if you are a non-African, non-Asian
>> H. sap, you have up to 4% Neanderthal DNA. Is
>> H. sap. "descended from" H. neanderthalensis?
>> Well, no. On the other hand... Well, yes.
>>
>> Human thinking about "blood lines" and "ancestry"
>> is hopelessly corrupted by meaningless notions
>> derived from antiquated tripe, of which the idea of
>> the "Missing Link" is one.
>>
>> Three: There is no way (absent remarkable recovery
>> of DNA beyond present technology) to "prove" any
>> potential intermediary form actually IS intermediary
>> except for good judgment.
>>

>> Sterling K. Webb
>> --

Cambridge
>>> Encyclopedia & More - AD

Lucy

Type

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWA-6868-LL6-Chondrite-Breccia-Meteorite-5-3g-PS
-/380378898246?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5890595f46

(http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWA-6284-L5-Chondrite-Meteorite-8-9g-Part-Slice
-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWA-6077-Ungrouped-Achondrite-Meteorite-1-32g-/3
20779119158?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aafecea36

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAMBRIDGE-ENCYCLOPEDIA-METEORITES-/320780774817?
pt=Antiquarian_Collectible&hash=item4ab0062da1

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWA-6080-LL4-Chondrite-Meteorite-15-3g-End-Cut-/
380379634749?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5890649c3d

Most

eorite-3-1g-Nice-/320780783954?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab0065152

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWA-6287-LL5-Chondrite-Meteorite-67-3g-Choice-En
d-Cut-/320781300818?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab00e3452

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWA-2932-Mesosiderite-Meteorite-9-5g-/3803798605
05?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5890680e19

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PARK-FOREST-L5-Chondrite-Meteorite-Riker-Box-Dis
play-/320781345389?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab00ee26d

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MURCHISON-CM2-Meteorite-Riker-Box-Display-/32078
1309755?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab00e573b