[meteorite-list] Meteorite Picture of the Day

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 08:08:06 -0700 (PDT)

This is a horrific sight!

Looks like a Brenham I once had.? I removed it from my safe after a few years of storage and it transformed itself into a flexible piece of garbage. I now refer to it as "The Blob"? The only thing holding it together was the thick lacquer coating the seller had applied. It held together long enough to make it to my trashcan.? It was a very expensive lesson since Brenham sold for $5.00/gram in the 90s and can now be had for as low as 20 cents a gram for larger pieces.? I have never purchased any since at any price, same for any other meteorite slices coated with lacquer or are bleeding Laurencite ooze.

Take Care,

Adam