[meteorite-list] Meteorite Appraisal for Insurance?

From: Mike Tettenborn <tett_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2011 09:59:42 -0400

Mike,

Collections like that should not be too difficult to appraise but would be time consuming.

I would make a spread sheet and list what you paid for each. Then ask some of the bigger dealers what they would charge to review your list and give an appraisal. Meteorites are primarily appraised by classification and weight. Much easier to appraise than jewels or art which have huge value differences that are very subjective.

Cheers

Mike

Mike Tettenborn
Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada