[meteorite-list] 8000BC Big Dipper Petroglyph: Evolution of star positions

From: bartraj at time.net.my <bartraj_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 14:42:24 +0800 (MYT)

Hello Larry, List,

I did the same thing with Starry Night. However, it may be that Wu Jiacai
is using different assumptions.

A couple of hours ago, I managed to get a scholarly article by him
entitled (not my translation) "The Rock Painting with the Big Dipper
Design Dated to Neolithic Age in Wengniute Banner,Inner Mongolia."

This article contains a figure showing the evolution of star positions of
the Dipper from 100,000 BP to 12000 AD.

You can view the figure entitled "BigDipperEvolution.jpg" at
https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/18663629/1/Hongshan%20Culture?h=bdfa66

Regards

Robert A. Juhl, Tokyo