[meteorite-list] 8000BC Big Dipper Petroglyph: Evolution of star positions

From: karmaka <karmaka_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 13:20:08 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Robert,

thank you for the interesting images.

The depiction of the 'Big Dipper' 100.000 years ago matches other
simulations and depictions I've seen so far.

Precise calculations with astronomical software for amateurs are usually only possible
until a few thousand years back in time. There must be a reason why.

'Redshift 7 Premium' for example allows only calculations which do not go back further than 4713 BC.

Best regards

Martin

-----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----