[meteorite-list] Ancient Constellations, part 2

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 09:00:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all -

I now have requests to work on 4 North American astronomical petroglyphs, so as you can imagine, I have to focus op those right now,.as well as I can, which is not that good now.

But here's a few thoughts: Man used boats very very early on in his evolution, and thus did celestial navigation very early on. There has been very little work done on the evolution of these systems of constellations, which were also useful for land navigation as well.

At this point, while everyone focuses on the easy analysis of lunar observations, my thinking is that the tracking of planets always played a major and important role.

As comets entered and decayed, the night skies were very different at different points in time.

E.P.