[meteorite-list] ad- offering for sale a killer eucrite breccia like none other!

From: Larry Atkins <thetoprok_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 23:44:14 -0400 (EDT)

E. T. List,

I love breccias too and this one is exceptional!

I really like the scope and gained perspective when looking at the big
slice represented in the last three pictures. Those may be the largest
chunks I have ever seen. I can imagine the potential differences in
individual meteorites that could result from a break up of this
meteoroid as it enters the atmosphere. It might produce meteorites of
completely separate litho's, sort of like Park Forest and others.
Imagine if the only found meteorite was a small remnant of that real
big chunk in the slice, the classification may have been a little
different, still a eucrite perhaps, but chemically different as a whole
than NWA 6694. It makes me wonder how many meteorites we have that are
classified as something but are in actuality a small piece of a larger,
brecciated body. Thought's?

I noticed that many of the clast's in this larger slice are sort of
rimmed, but not in a 'rimmed chondrule' sense. They look as if they
have weathered in some manner, with the edges noticeably lighter than
the interiors. They look similar to rocks with a weathering rind. Have
the clasts 'weathered' into the immediate matrix?

Sincerely,
Larry Atkins
?
IMCA # 1941