[meteorite-list] ad-NWA 6694 eucrite price

From: Edwin Thompson <etmeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 23:56:29 +0000

Hello Fellow list members.

After the huge response to our release of the new eucrite breccia NWA 6694, Patrick and I had a serious discussion based on all of the collectors and scientists who are strapped by a tight budget controlling their purchase decisions. We calculated the cut and polish loss and the cost of the original mass. We have decided to offer this wonderful meteorite for just a little over our cost in order to get this beautiful meteorite into more collections. So for all of those who have already committed to a slice and for those who have inquired about the sizes and price, we are selling 6694 in all sizes for $20.00 per gram. Patrick will soon have a picture page on our web site etmeteorites.com and also he will list some slices on Ebay with this same starting price. As said earlier there are roughly 20 slices, 2 thick end cuts and four thick center slices for museums or for future cutting. I will have to break down and send some material off for thin sections as under magnification it is beyond description. There hav
e been a large number of requests for very small slices so we may decide to break up slices if that is what people want. We also had Marlin slice up a big piece of NWA 6693 "Super Green" and Marlin Cilz did a fantastic job of polishing these slices. Were only asking $5.00 dollars more per gram to cover the cut loss on these. Also, Patrick will be listing gorgeous thin slices of our new howardite and small partial slices of Klamath Falls Oregon the size of postage stamps and smaller for the same price per gram because there was very little cut loss or prep charge from Marlin for his top shelf workmanship on this rare Oregon iron.

Sincere regards,

Edwin