[meteorite-list] Green Fireball in Tempe, AZ.

From: Erik Fisler <phxerik_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 19:54:08 -0700 (PDT)

Hi list.
I just went for a quick lap around my apartments at McClintock and University here in Tempe. I started at approx 7:45pm GMT and while I was running south I saw a vibrant green fireball streak, break up and then it went dark.? Unfortunately I wasn't close enough to hear a sonic boom but I did hear a very soft pop like a bottle rocket far away.? It appeared to be 25 degrees West of South and was about 20-30 degrees from the horizon.? It's was moving fairly slow so I assume it was far south.? Can someone check Doppler? It must have had a better sighting further South like in Casa Grande or Tucson.

[Erik]