[meteorite-list] NWA 6694 / Abee

From: Edwin Thompson <etmeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 06:15:37 +0000

Hi Larry and Frank, yep in the future I will be better versed at creating photobucket files with specific pictures. Thos are pictures of our slice of Abee and the shadows are from the fir trees overhead. We had so few sunny days this summer that most folks here in the Northwest agree that Summer never happened here. The shadows from the fir branches on the Abee slice are almost as rare as the meteorite specimen, really! That shadow on the two edges of the slices of eucrite run through all of the slices and it looks very much like the heat rim seen on meteorites like you see on the Bagdad iron. But I think that it is a weathering affect from desert heating maybe. We are donating a slice to CML and to UCLA and they can tear them apart to try to figure out all the cool stuff that is going on inside this amazing rock. I have got to get a microscope with a good camera head on it. This breccia is really something that begs to be shared with everyone!
Thanks to everyone who came up with suggestions for similarities. I really liked the comparison with Dag 400, don't I wish!

Cheers, E.T.