[meteorite-list] 1 in 3200 odds of human impact (help)

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 01:53:41 -0500

...and of course, my calculation only applies to the
one-in-three falls over land, not the two-in-three
over water. Dilute one part of the calculation with
two parts of water...

What you're talking about --- that specious popular
precision --- is the result of achieving high precision
and low accuracy at the same time. This is what most
newspaper and press releases statistics achieve.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accuracy_and_precision

Sterling K. Webb