[meteorite-list] "The Art of Collecting Meteorites", 'Signed by Author' copy on eBay - ad

From: Kevin Kichinka <marsrox_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 09:34:57 -0600

Team Meteorite:

Respectful of the fact that most members of this group have long ago
purchased a copy of my book, I hope any new collector will please
consider one of the last opportunities to acquire "The Art of
Collecting Meteorites" before it goes out of print.

Writing a 200+ page all-color book, obtaining the rights to photos
from their owners, assembling a team of editors, artists and experts
for advice and lay-up, creating a website, negotiating with printers
and paying for boxes and boxes of copies, then selling them one-by-one
is a high mountain to climb with no guarantee that you will ever reach
the summit.

Authors pondering riches should realize they are probably writing only
to share their love.

How many friends helped in some way to make this a "book with legs" as
Darryl Pitt predicted? Let me give heartfelt credit to those who made
this possible.

To Joel Schiff, Geoff Notkin, Darryl Pitt, O. Richard and Dorothy
Norton, Tom Phillips, Norbert Classen, Jeff Grossman, David New, Dean
Bessey, Steve Schoner, Bernd Pauli, Robert Haag, Jim Hartman, Steve
Arnold, Blaine Reed, Leslie Ballard da Silva, Al Mitterling, Monica
Grady, Mark Bostick, Derek Sears and Marlin Cilz I will be forever
grateful.

Because I live in Costa Rica, I've relied for too long on family and
friends to take 'sold copies' to post offices in Florida, where I used
to live. The costs associated with paying a service for this duty are
prohibitive.

Presently my 82 year-old mother is doing the chore. I can't expect her
to do this much longer. I intend to come out with an e-book someday,
but when the last 'hard copies' sitting in a single box in her home
sell out, unless and until I decide to again reside in the USA, the
book will go out of print.

Consequently, here is one of your ultimate opportunities to enjoy a
book that has been warmly received by meteorite aficionados
world-wide.

The copy on eBay already has an opening bid, there is two days left in
the auction.

It is a First Edition, signed copy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/220994850322?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Gracias a todos.