[meteorite-list] Bicentenary of the meteorite of Toulouse

From: rm31 at free.fr <rm31_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 15:42:58 +0200

Dear Martin, Doug, and List,

Thank you guys for your positive assessment on Toulouse. This is really a
friendly and pleasant city with an interesting mix of old stuff and high
technology. I'm very happy to live here, good people, good climate, good food
and many things to do around.

Here is the original paper on the toad-storm close to Toulouse, I didn't know
this interesting story:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/bpt6k2962t
People in Catalogne, not far from Toulouse, cook snails on barbecue, try a
google-image search on "cargolade" and bon appetit!

There will likely be some pictures of the exhibition on the French "Meteorite
Superforum":
http://meteorites.superforum.fr/t4834-exposition-bicentenaire-de-chute-de-la-meteorite-de-toulouse
Here is an appetizer, the stone from the Museum in Geneva:
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/204/toulousegenve.jpg

Cheers,

Renaud