[meteorite-list] Brasil conference on astronomy and meteorites ends with a BANG!

From: drtanuki <drtanuki_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 07:49:58 -0700 (PDT)

Dear List,
  I am in Brasil attending the 5th International Meeting of Astronomy and Astronautics - Brazil April 19-21, 2012, now finished:
http://lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.com.br/2012/04/5th-international-meeting-of-astronomy.html

Papers/publications presented;
meteorites-of-brazil-overview
http://lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.com.br/2012/04/meteorites-of-brazil-overview.html

I also held a three hour workshop on meteorites with over 65 MOTIVATED students, the future experts of meteorites and meteoritics in Brasil.

calendar-of-brazil-meteorite-falls
http://lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.com.br/2012/04/calendar-of-brazil-meteorite-falls.html

Brazil TV interview (1):
http://lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.com.br/2012/04/meteoro-cai-hoje-no-brasil-sci-fi.html

Space Trash Re-entry over city of conference?Final Day of Conference VIDEOS!:
http://lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.com.br/2012/04/breaking-news-campos-dos-goytacazes.html

Meteorite - Meteor Research
Historical Establishment of THE Brasilia Allsky Camera Network!!!-
Meteorite Hunting Training,
School-University meteorite hunts!!!
outreach program to launch for three weeks in schools, universities and at government meetings (details pending):
http://lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.com.br/2012/04/mira-mira-olha-mira.html

My thanks to: The Louis Cruls Astronomy Club of Brazil, IFF (Instituto Federal Fluminense, universities, schools, professors, teachers, students, National Museum of Brasil, Dr. Elisabeth Zucolotto, of Brasil that make this outreach program possible for 1 month. Sponsorship was made possible by The Louis Cruls Astronomy Club of Brazil, Dr. Marcelo de Oliveira Souza (UENF and CALC/IFF), AWB- Astronomers Without Borders, UNAWE, UNESCO office in Brazil, Di?rio da R?ssia, and the Donor of THREE allsky cameras and Jim Gamble of El Paso, Texas.

John Higgins of the metlist also kindly provided meteorite specimens that were presented to students, universities,schools,and the National Museum of Brasil. Thank you John!

Also thank you to Paul Heinrich for his sharing of his personal cooperative data with the Brasilian Geological Survey and University Depts of Geology. Thank you Paul!

Darryl Pitt also donated meteorite specimens that will be presented to the National Museum of Brasil. Thank you Darryl!

IF anyone else want to contribute in this month-long outreach to the students/universities of Brasil please contact me. Thank you in advance!

Best Always, Dirk Ross...Tokyo