[meteorite-list] Ad-Tissint thin sections

From: Edwin Thompson <etmeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 00:52:36 +0000

Hello List members,

For all the thin section collectors out there. We are expecting at least four thin sections of Tissint to arrive next week. These are expertly prepared and double polished to a half micron finish and covered rectangular slides with slightly ground corners just like all of our thin sections. Our wonderful thin section maker tried to fulfill the request for the largest surface area possible but he said that when he started to cut with his isomet saw that the specimen began to fragment so he turned it sideways to cut in two and so the surface area of each thin section will be roughly 15 x 15mm. We were hoping for 15 x 30. So we are cutting the price in half since we will be getting more slides than expected. If you want to get the jump on one of these slides before they get here rather than waiting for the second run since this initial run is small then feel free to reserve one of these thin sections. The price is $500.00 for each slide.

There will be only four this time. If you miss out on the first run feel free to get your name on the list for the second shipment. We also have a few remaining thin section of NWA 6695; our beautiful howardite with the CM2 inclusions. We also still have a few small thin slices cut by Marlin Cilz and some small individuals of this pretty little howardite.

Drop us a line at etmeteorites at hotmail.com

Thanks to all of you thin section collectors for your interest.

Best regards,

E.T.