[meteorite-list] Auction Questions

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 10:45:56 -0700 (PDT)

"Auction houses are like used car salesman..they prefer to do business
with the uninformed and emotionally driven buyer. I know because I
earned my living in both fields of endeavor."

I couldn't agree more with this statement.? I think saving the buyer a potential 40% is a good thing.? Despite popular belief, there is not a lot of profits to be made dealing meteorites.? Sure, you can lucky once in a while with a hot stone but have to deal with 99 other less desirable pieces to get one. The market is limited and prices are all of the board which makes it interesting for buyers, not so much for sellers.? There are much easier ways of earning a living.

I made more with a gross profit of only 11% selling volume internet infrastructure appliances whereas, if I was able to achieve 50% gross margin dealing meteorites, it would not begin to cover expenses.

Take Care,

Adam