[meteorite-list] Darryl Futrell (+) (also, question about Futrell Collection)

From: Norm Lehrman <nlehrman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 17:57:56 -0700 (PDT)

All,

I just attempted to email the individual who acquired the Futrell estate?tektite
collection on behalf of a new museum, but the email I have no longer works.? The
museum is apparently still under development and doesn't seem to have a website
as yet, but it will be located in the 34 mile-diameter Charlevoix, Quebec impact
structure located about 105 km N of Quebec City.?A summary inventory listing of
the? specimens in this collection is stll posted on our website.? Futrell's
tektite/meteorite library and files also went with the estate collection.

While he was yet living, Futrell? sold/donated a substantial collection of
important pieces to the Corning Museum of Glass.

Hardly any of the estate collection had the painted labels that Paul correctly
tabulated below.? Possibly this was due to a progression to almost total
blindness in his final years.? I have often imagined him holding and exploring
his final remaining much-loved pieces by touch---

Cheers,
Norm
www.TektiteSource.com