[meteorite-list] yet another small shallow air burst crater in West Texas: Charles Porter: Rich Murray 2012.08.29

From: Rich Murray <rmforall_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 23:16:08 -0700

yet another small shallow air burst crater in West Texas: Charles
Porter: Rich Murray 2012.08.29

32? 15' 09.90" N 100? 48' 04.09" W
32.252750 -100.801136

Hello Chares Porter,

Probably a typical shallow crater from atomic bomb energy level air
burst of 35 km/sec ice fragment coming in at about 30 degrees angle
from Taurid complex comet fragment swarm in 3.5 year solar orbit 13 Ka
years ago -- Dennis Cox has hundreds of such images from Google Earth,
mainly West Texas to New Mexico -- at a few of them in Vaughn, NM, I
found in 2011 characteristic sharp broken fragments with surface
glazes and melts -- many more around Santa Fe, NM.

http://craterhunter.wordpress.com/2011/07/08/more-new-mexico-craters/

within mutual service, Rich Murray
505-819-7388 cell
Imperial Beach, CA 91932

.2 km wide, .672 km center elevation
.675 km elevation at SR 208 .5 km to NE

charles porter <ceptex9 at earthlink.net>
11:47 PM (23 hours ago) 2012.08.28

Rich,

I was using Google Earth and was browsing along SR 208 to the SE of
Colorado City TX and happened to see a feature at:

32? 15' 09.90" N 100? 48' 04.09" W

Do you have any idea as to what might have caused it?
I do know that the outcropping beds are Triassic.

Charlie Porter