[meteorite-list] Smallest Meteorite

From: Jeff Grossman <jngrossman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2012 20:36:31 -0500

There are several other very small meteorites...

Khatyrka, announced in June. Although it is listed as 0.1 g in the MB
database, if you read the text, you see that there are only 10
particles, all < 1 mm. These could well have an actual cumulative mass
of <10 mg.

Hadley Rille: a named meteorite found in lunar soil from Apollo 15,
estimated mass 3 mg.

Bench Crater, another Moonish meteorite. I don't know what it might
have weighed, but maybe over 10 mg. Alan may know.

Jeff