[meteorite-list] [IMCA] 2013 Membership Dues, Dues, Dues are Due

From: John higgins <geohiggins_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 06:17:11 -0800 (PST)

I agree,
I think the complainers and blamers have some nerve and no right to suspect, question or demand anything of the IMCA board members.
It's a privilege to belong to the IMCA, not a right.
We need to stand together to support our elected officials and stand behind their actions.
I don't know of many organizations that have yearly dues of $20 compare that to the Meteoritical Society that charges over $100 per year.
I think we need to raise the yearly dues , the budget is so small it's a joke, what can we possibly achieve as a serious organization on such a little budget?
And there are a few bad apples that call for more time and money spent on accounting? Ridiculous! And then to be heckled all the way, what a shame.
I'm proud to be a member of the IMCA, and sadly this issue keeps coming up over and over, It's old news get over it, I don't think the members have any right to make demands, they should stop worrying and accusing their organization of negative actions and speculating.
Most of the trouble is being stirred up from past IMCA members who bowed out or left disgracefully. It boils down to jealousy and hatred, grow up!
Stop the negativity right here, right now.
Lets all come together and spend our time to make contributions, stop trying to fight and knock down what you are a part of, rather lets build the IMCA to become one of the greatest and eternally lasting association.
Sincerely Kindest Regards,
John Higgins
IMCA#9822