[meteorite-list] Urgent Note re:Paypal address for Price Report (and response to Don Merchant's book question)

From: Kevin Kichinka <marsrox_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 15:49:26 -0600

Team Meteorite:

re: Paypal

I am receiving notes that payments for 'The Global Meteorite Price
Report - 2013' made to Paypal searching 'Kevin Kichinka' don't go
through.

*Please try depositing funds at Marsrox at gmail.com and you will be successful.*

And thanks to those already figuring this out. I am sending out both
pdf files as fast as I can.

re: 'The Art of Collecting Meteorites' - Don Merchant wonders how many
copies were ever available, and would like to know their history. With
pleasure I will describe this.

In December, 2004 I purchased 1,000 paperback copies (I tend to call
them 'hard copies' as differentiated from eBooks) from self-publisher
Bookmasters in Ohio. Per contract I was liable for paying for 1,100
copies if their printing presses 'forgot' to stop at 1,000. Surprise!
I got to pay for the extra 100 copies which was another $1,500. OK. In
early 2011 I was running out of copies and realized that I was still
selling one copy/week. I didn't have time to do the eBok thing yet. I
didn't want to 'leave money on the table' nor did I want to disappoint
new collectors, so I ordered up another 100 copies at a much higher
per copy rate because of the small order and high shipping to Florida.
I had to raise the cover price $5 to cover the difference.

I am now down to about one dozen copies, Gary and Blaine, as
mentioned, have a few more that they will likely offer at Tucson.

As for 'signed and numbered copies', the first large batch - and the
first week I offered the book I sold 300 copies- were signed, maybe
signed and numbered. After that, I did it only when requested. Then
after that, I put 'signed and numbered copies' only on eBay because
they bring more $ sometimes. After that, I only offered signed copies
on eBay.

Now I have a couple left that will be signed for eBay and only #500
left of the numbered books.

Next year I will de-activate the book's website as it is not needed
for the eBook..

How 'bout that, Don!

Thanks to all for your support of this project.

Kevin Kichinka
www.theartofcollectingmeteorites.com
Marsrox at gmail.com

Rio del Oro, Santa Ana