[meteorite-list] ALERT: Large number of meteorites stolen

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 12:22:57 -0500

One can't just walk into a pawn shop and sell these. So there is a
good chance that the stolen mets will end up on eBay or will be
offered to someone in the meteorite community - just like the thief
who stole the Big Kahuna's meteorites a few months back. These
thieves don't realize how small and close-knit the meteorite community
is.

Ditto what Richard said about weights - also, some photos of the
individual specimens would be helpful. It sounds like the police have
a good head start with the surveillance video.

Best regards,

MikeG
--
Web - http://www.galactic-stone.com