[meteorite-list] AD: FC Meteorite House presents: The Fabulous Thomson Structure Ballpen Set !

From: Martin Altmann <altmann_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 20:53:02 +0100

Dear Community,

in these magic hours between the years it is the right moment for the FC
Meteorite House*
to light the newest banger from the freshly opened Club shop:

The Fabulous Thomson Structure Ballpen Set!

http://www.meteoritenhaus.de/img/Stifte_01.jpg

Three ballpens (black paint) decorated with three wonderful designs showing
three different forms of Thomson Structures, named after Alois Beckh von
Widmanstaetten, of three more or less classic iron meteorites.

>From left to right and from finest to coarser:

http://www.meteoritenhaus.de/img/Stifte_02.jpg

NWA 7335,
The "fractal" iron, showing in principle a structure of a medium
octahedrite, but inscribed in the fields are plessitic spindles repeating
that pattern on a miniature scale.
Got the classification of an ungrouped, plessitic octahedrite.

Gibeon,
Not only for a century THE iron meteorite par excellence, but also the king
of all finest octahedrites.

Henbury
The classical medium octahedrite, here with especially many Neumann lines.

The price of the whole set is USD 16.50 (+ lowest available shipping rate).

And now we all know, with what for a pen we will in future fill out our
collection labels
and will sign our greetings,

which read today:

Happy New Year!