[meteorite-list] Ontario, MI, NY, PA Fireball 6FEB2012

From: Sterling K. Webb <sterling_k_webb_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 15:56:11 -0600

Ed, Doug, List,

A catalogue of the series of Venus transits covering thousands
of years can be found at the URL below. Despite often occurring
in pairs, each transit in the pair belong to different series:

"Thus, the transits of 1518, 1761 and 2004 would belong to one
series, while the transits of 1639, 1882 and 2125 would belong
to another series. Such transit series are quite long-lived and
may last 5,000 years or more. For example, Series 4 (December
at Ascending Node) began in -1763 (1764 BCE) and will run
through 2854 (a grazing transit) for a total of 20 transits
spanning 4617 years."

http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/transit/catalog/VenusCatalog.html0

The regularity comes from the almost perfect (but not quite)
approach to an 8:5 resonance lock between the Earth and Venus

Sterling K. Webb