[meteorite-list] Ontario, MI, NY, PA Fireball 6FEB2012

From: Linton Rohr <lintonius_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 17:08:28 -0800

"...the transit of Venus on this upcoming June 6, the likes of which no
living primate will likely recall when the next opportunity shadows earth,
nor who can recall the last one!"

Doug,
While you're most certainly correct that none amongst us will see the next
one (in 2117), I'm actually old enough to remember the transit of Venus in
2004. ;^) They come in pairs 8 years apart, separated by 105 years. I hope
we're all still here in June, to observe this one. One never knows...
Best wishes to all,
Linton