[meteorite-list] 2nd Report from Strewnfield in Edgewood Texas

From: Marc Fries <mfries8_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 21:00:42 -0800

This works, though its not as satisfying as finding a rock. I have a
rather large collection of spherules from my visit to the Jacksonville,
IL event but haven't had time to work on them yet. I collected them by
wrapping my magnet in duct tape sticky side out, then peeling off the
tape at the end of the day and saving it. A trip to my microscope
revealed dozens, perhaps hundreds of spherical metallic objects ranging
from mm's in size to sub-mm. To be fair, they could be slag, but I do
think it would be fun to get a Meteoritical Society database entry for a
meteorite based on ablation spherules alone... hehehe

Cheers,
Marc Fries