[meteorite-list] Permian Extinction

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 20:23:58 -0800 (PST)

Hi Paul -

Thanks for the links to the papers, I'll pass them on.

But they kind of avoid the question of what exactly set off the Siberian Traps.

For the Deccan Traps, see the Shiva Impact Crater:
http://www.economist.com/node/14698363
nice summary with plenty of big color pictures for people like me who need them.

For the Siberian Traps, see:
http://cosmictusk.com/guest-blog-hermann-burchard-on-siberian-hot-spot-tracks

By the way, there is a nice summary of the proven global depositions of impactites from the Holocene Start Impacts at the Tusk as well.

PS - I found Michael's note on the flu of interest, as it makes not being in Tucson this year easier to take.

Hope I get there next year,
E.P. Grondine
Man and Impact in the Americas