[meteorite-list] 100th Anniversary Holbrook Meteorite Fall/Hunt - Saturday, July 21, 2012

From: Ruben Garcia <mrmeteorite_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 21:52:52 -0700

Hi all,

I've just returned home from an awesome 2012 Tucson Meteorite Show. I
was swamped with visitors the entire time but what a blast. Lets do it
again!

No? Not ready for Tucson again?

Then lets get ready to hunt Holbrook on the 100th Anniversary of the
historic fall.

Last year I, along with Jim and Wendy Wooddell hosted a hunt - and as
most of you know we came away with literally pounds of meteorites.
Well, at least some of us did. In reality we had about 50 newbies and
experienced hunters show up and most of the new hunters found their
first meteorite there. Of course, Erik and Ben Fisler came away with
over a pound of meteorites between the two of them. They're banned
this year...

Kidding!

We'll need them to lead the way again.

see video of last year here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSR6daWREkM

This year is gonna be huge! There will likely be many more attending
so it's imperative that if you plan to attend you start making plans
now. This year the hunt will take place on Saturday July, 21, 2012.
However, we'll all meet on Friday (July, 20 2012) evening at the pool
area at the Motel 6 in Holbrook for a general meet and greet and
instructions on the hunt.

Feel free to bring your own food or drinks and mix and mingle. There
is a Denny's next door for those of you that would rather do that.

Many will also stay to hunt on Sunday, but I probably won't.

If you are planning on going please email me so I know who is coming.
My email is MrMeteorite at gmail.com

This is only the first notice so If you aren't yet sure if you'll
attend don't worry just yet.
Here is the address and info on where most of us BIG SPENDERS will stay.

Motel 6 Holbrook #4361
2514 Navajo Boulevard
I-40 at Navajo Boulevard, Exit #286 East - #289 West
Holbrook, AZ, 86025
Phone: (928) 524-6101
FAX: (928) 524-1806

If you need any other info just call or email - 602 481 9780

--
Rock On!
Ruben Garcia