[meteorite-list] Bryan Scarborough still at it!

From: Brandon <b1dunovant_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 20:37:13 -0600

List,

I would like to give my opinion regarding Bryan Scarborough a.k.a, lonestar*meteorites.

I try to give everyone the benifit of the doubt and after hearing the questions about John/Bryan's Tissint listing I had to go and look at his listings for myself. While doing so that I noticed he had a 27.2g "Oum Dreyga" slice he was selling that looked an awful lot like an unclassified slice I purchased from him a couple years ago. It was the next slice after mine so I recognized the inclusions and shape immediately.
I can honestly say my slice is not Oum Dreyga as similar as they look. Oum Dreyga has twice the metal flakes as mine and I'm positive, as his. Mine is much more likely an L-chondrite, not an H. Though very similar at first glance they are indeed different and I've spent the last half hour verifying my claim.

I would not trust one damn thing this guy sells! This is now the second stone he is selling which I know first hand isn't having both his specimen and the actual specimen he is representing it as.

He is still up to his old game and now I am positive! Buyers still beware!

Just thought I would share my 2?.

Brandon D
IMCA# 9312