[meteorite-list] New Old find from area 51

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 10:44:06 -0800 (PST)

Just for the record,
ever since 2003 when I first hunted that drylake north of Rachel, I've always said there had to be at least one meteorite at that locality, but that it was probably already found, most likely by locals or UFO-hunters.?

So, I'm relieved to learn that it was found by my ol' friend, Paul Gessler (Nick's son), and that its recovery has been very well documented.
(Belated Congratulations, Paul;-)

I thought I was the first one to core a Nevada meteorite in order to extract a type-specimen without compromising the integrity of its exterior, but I see that's not the case, which you can see by viewing Paul's most excellent video.?

I've been crossing Paul's tire-tracks out in the desert for more than a decade, now, so expect to see more videos from Paul(and Nick's) most excellent adventures.? :-)

Bob V.