[meteorite-list] Tissint and IOM on KNME-PBS

From: Carl Agee <agee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 10:18:15 -0700

Hi MikeG,

Not a stupid question at all. As far as I know anyone can register to
attend the LPSC. It is not by invitation only, but there is a fee for
registration, here is the meeting webpage:

http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/lpsc2012/

There are usually something like 2000 papers presented as talks or
posters during the week.

Of course the sessions tend to be technical, but some are fairly
accessible, I often just drop in on session that is far outside my
field out of curiosity and to learn something new. I would guess that
the Tuesday and Thursday evening poster sessions would be great
browsing for a meteorite/planetary science enthusiast.

Carl

--
Carl B. Agee
Director and Curator, Institute of Meteoritics
Email: agee at unm.edu
http://meteorite.unm.edu/people/carl_agee/