[meteorite-list] [IMCA] 4.5 Billion-Year-Old Fish Discovered

From: Russ Finney <curator_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 22:38:23 +0000

Greg:

I have looked at this photo very carefully.

I even rotated it to the left 90 degrees and zoomed in closely on the object in my advanced photo editing software.

Sorry to dispute your claim - but I don't think it really is a fish.

Could it possibly be a 4.5 billion year old volcano? - it looks that way to me if I turn the photo at a 90 degree angle.

I would think that putting a magnet on it (and possibly doing a streak test) might help you to better determine if it is either a fish or a volcano.

Interesting photo either way you look at it...

Best Regards,

Russ Finney

http://www.meteoritecollector.org