[meteorite-list] New Fall in China further information

From: Jim Wooddell <nf114ec_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 07:47:05 -0700

Hi Wu!

I had not seen this post you mention and your assumptions about my
information source are not correct and the link you provided does not have
the information I received. I do not know where the information I received
from my source came from, other than China. However, I am glad you are
sharing more information. As information comes in, many reports get twisted
and pretty soon fact and fiction become one.

It is my understanding that many stones have been recovered. 12.5kg, 10kg,
2- 5kg, 2.5kg and a 4.2kg. I do not know the originating source of this
information.

The news media in my area has not reported this event to the best of my
knowledge and today is the first I had heard about it. A quick search of AP
news did not indicate anything from China recently doing a search for
'meteor'. It was a quick non-advanced search. In regards to media, it has
basically not been "breaking" news for what-ever reason.

Has it been determined what kind of meteorites are being recovered?

If you are hunting, I do hope you find more and I wish you good luck!

Kind Regards,

Jim