[meteorite-list] looking for Franconia

From: Laurence Garvie <lgarvie_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 21:40:26 -0700

Dear Franconia collectors and hunters,

I have recently become interested in the "Franconia" meteorites. There are some real mysteries that need to be sorted out for this area, such as the relationship between Franconia and the other H ordinary chondrites and "irons" from this same area.

I am fortunate to be working closely with Jim Woodell and Ruben Garcia on this project and through them I have acquired some interesting pieces.

However, I am looking for pieces of "Franconia" with metal blebs or significant metal concentrations. I have seen some interesting web photos of cut pieces of Franconia with cm-sized metal blebs, but so far I do not have such a piece for study.

So, if anyone has a Franconia with a large metal nodule that they would like to lend/sell/trade to me, then please email me at lgarvie at asu.edu

Feel free to send photos.

Thanks

Laurence Garvie