[meteorite-list] Sikhote Alin Meteorite Stolen from the University of New Mexico

From: karmaka <karmaka-meteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 12:19:35 +0100

WATCH OUT !!

Sikhote Alin Meteorite Stolen from the University of New Mexico

http://www.meteorite-times.com/whats-new/sikhote-alin-meteorite-stolen-from-the-university-of-new-mexico/

"One of our museum display specimens was stolen out of its case ? most likely just before Christmas break, during opening hours. The specimen is a ?Sikhote Alin? weighing 9490 grams. I would like to alert the meteorite collector community to be on the look-out for this specimen, it is unique and easily identifiable as our property."

Martin