[meteorite-list] Are Mars Meteorites Magnetic?

From: GREG LINDH <geeg48_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 16:49:20 -0700

  Hi Bernd,

  I meant to address this email to you and not to Eric. So here it is again.

  I have always wondered why people here on the List, keep referring to some meteorites as being "magnetic". To me, being magnetic means having the properties of a magnet. There are no meteorites that natually attract iron, so why are they described as being "magnetic"? Am I wrong?

  Regards,

  Greg L.