[meteorite-list] ADVERT / Governador Valadares & New Shergottite

From: Darryl Pitt <darryl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 23:21:46 -0500

Hi,

GOVERNADOR VALADARES

A small specimen of GV (0.205g) with one edge of glossy fusion crust(!) is now on eBay. XTREMELY rare. Offering ends in several days.

NEW MARTIAN SPECIMENS FROM THE TATA FOUMZGIT(?) EVENT

I've added about a eight new specimens to the Macovich site. After I sell these specimens I will be temporarily out of material---apart from some small sub-gram specimens and a couple of larger specimens I'm now holding onto. Ranging in price from $375 - 800 per gram (the latter being a complete specimen that weighs less than a gram), here are some outstanding examples of the new shergottite offered to you at prices which will soon be a distant memory. The $375/g fragments....make that $350/g if you mention you saw it here....my last two!

http://www.macovich.com

VANITY MARS

Anyone who has a preference for the letter "E" (or depending upon your perspective....the letter "M" or "W"....or the number "3") should have an especial interest in this SNC, as its shock veins and crust evoke these referenced characters. Couldn't resist the "ET" in recognition of my pal----a convalescing purveyor of meteorite baseball caps and more.

http://www.macovich.com/MARS/Tata_22.94g_LR_5207.html

All the best / Darryl